2015 was a huge year for Christopher and me. It was huge for us as a couple and for me as an individual…
- we moved to Minneapolis from Michigan
- Christopher started a new job as an Interaction Designer (proud lady, right here!)
- made new friends
- visited with old friends
- traveled to Oxford and London to see family
- we dealt with death and illness within our family
- we went on the Whole30, a 30 day detox to aid in figuring out what it means to live a healthy life
- I took productivity and organization firmly into my hands by finding and using the method, GTD
- I made art and design a HUGE priority by making cards for Drawn & Delivered, commissioned Christmas cards, and branding for a political campaign and social issues through AIGA.
- through AIGA Minnesota, I got to know the design community in Minneapolis
- I have been trying to find a great fit for my career goals since the relocation, a task that has never been very clear to me
- Star Wars VII FINALLY came out!
- AND Christopher adopted a new car on the LAST day of the year!
Overall, I'd say that this past year had equal amounts of soaring highs and crushing lows. Through it all, I made it a priority to appreciate everything. Even on days when I felt the worst I would bounce back just by knowing that all of this effort will not be wasted and I am right where I need to be.
Now that 2015 is fading away, I'm looking forward to see what I can find once 2016 comes into full focus.
As of right now, I am looking forward to beginning another round of Whole30 with Christopher and some of his co-workers. We could both use some more energy and structure in the kitchen and Whole30 proved to be a great aid in both last year. Starting this month I am going to be a contributor to the North Nabe blogging platform which will allow me to work with a great group of bloggers and local businesses.
In regards to this space, I look forward to sharing things that challenges me, collaborating more and using this blog as a way to share my love for everything creative: design, food, music, dance, illustration, cards, the list could go onnnnn and onnnnn :)
Thanks for reading during 2015 and HAPPY 2016!!!!